Nairn West & Suburban Community Council
Monthly meeting, 6.30 pm Mon 28 Mar 2022, Nairn Community & Arts Centre***
PROCEDURAL NOTE: following the interim elections held on 3 March to fill vacancies on the existing NW&SCC, Highland Council (Ward Manager Lewis Hannah) proposes to chair the initial stages of this regular monthly meeting (which they are describing as an “inaugural” or “establishment” meeting).
This is to oversee the appointment of office-bearers to the three (or four) formal committee positions which – following the resignations of the previous incumbents – have been filled on an interim basis with effect from 29 November 2021 in accordance with Standing Order 2.1(e).
The appointed Chair will then take over and preside for the regular business meeting on the basis of this proposed draft agenda.
1. Introduction and Apologies
2. Minutes of previous meeting (24 Jan 2022 – copies already circulated)
3. Matters Arising (not otherwise listed as separate items)
4. Financial Report
5. Sandown Common Good: the further consultation
6. HLH fees, leisure & rec spend, CG maintenance
7. Maggot waste disposal/Harbour St toilets
8. Tourism Strategy/Visitor Management planning
9. Port of Ardersier – implications of redevelopment
10. New Nairn Academy and future of Library
11. Dialogue with other Highland CCs
12. IMFLDP and local sites (Nairn East, Nairn South, Delnies)
13. Place-Based Investment Funding – process and projects
14. Seamens’ Hall
15. Questions/Comments from the Public
17. Next meeting
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: This will again be a “physical” CC meeting, held in public. Local residents are welcome to attend. All participants will be required to provide contact details, confirm no evidence of Covid symptoms, respect social distancing, comply with the precautions required by the Centre venue, and wear masks throughout the meeting except when invited to speak.