Monday, February 15, 2021

Small electrical fire in a rear storeroom at Nairn Leisure Centre

Highland Council Press Release

Highland Council today confirmed that High Life Highland and Council staff were called to Nairn Leisure Centre on the afternoon of Sunday 14 February by a fire alarm activation around 2.40pm.

It has been confirmed that a burst pipe had caused damage and reached an electrical board within the building which resulted in a small electrical fire in a rear storeroom.

Water and electrical supplies have been isolated from the mains supply while the damage is assessed, and remedial work to the engineering services has now commenced on site.

Cllr Tom Heggie, Highland Council’s Chair of Nairnshire Committee who is on the Board of Directors of High Life Highland said:

“We are very grateful to Scottish Fire and Rescue Service who were on the scene within minutes and made the building safe.

“We are naturally disappointed that this has happened and would like to reassure customers that we are working hard with partners to assess the causes and extent of the damage and will initiate full reinstatement works as soon as possible.”

No comments: