Sunday, December 15, 2013

Nairn County Supporters declare they "Believe" in Ally Macleod

A surprise awaited Nairn County FC’s assistant manager, Ally Macleod, at Station Park on Saturday when he was summoned by a group of supporters to the dugout. He was presented with a large canvas print which had the well wishes of County supporters and the proclamation of  “We Believe" (in you) at the top.

Ally will take a temporary break from Station Park in January while he undergoes treatment for myelofibrosis, a condition which causes scarring of the bone marrow. He will receive a bone marrow transplant from his brother and will be in hospital for many weeks. 

Douglas Smith, Ally Mcleod, Andrew Paterson

Andrew Paterson, who had organised the presentation, also handed over a cheque for £175 to Ally for the Anthony Nolan appeal.  Andrew said that this may be only a small gesture but it comes from all with warm hearts and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. 

Ally is in the 30% of people who find an identical match within his family, for the other 70% who are not so fortunate, the Anthony Nolan appeal provides a register which endeavours to match potential bone marrow donors to blood cancer patients. More information on the charity can be found here.

No comments: